Daniel is a Senior Associate in the Corporate team.
He has experience supporting businesses in a variety of ways, including: advising on corporate transactions, such as share or asset sales and purchases (with transaction values between £50,000 and £5 million); management buy-outs or buy-ins; corporate restructuring and reorganisations, including incorporations, hive ups and share buy-backs; company finance, banking arrangements and security for loans.
In addition, he also advises on shareholder or partnership agreements; as well as cross-option agreements; the supply of goods or services; and terms and conditions of trading.
Clients include owners and directors of SMEs in sectors as diverse as manufacturing and healthcare.
A specialist in the healthcare sector, he has acted for dentists, pharmacists and opticians. He is also a member of NASDAL, the National Association of Specialist Dental Accountants and Lawyers and GMDA, Greater Manchester Dental Advisors.
Recent examples of how Daniel has helped clients include:
- advising the Seller on the sale of his two site NHS dental practice to a corporate buyer for in excess of £5 million. The deal was complex due to the Seller’s business structure, a complicated purchase price structure and demanding corporate buyer;
- negotiating and advising on the £1.2 million asset purchase of a two-site NHS dental practice, including liaison with the NHS and the Care Quality Commission;
- supporting partners in an NHS partnership on the acquisition of a retiring partner’s interest and subsequent incorporation of the practice;
- structuring the retirement sale of an optician’s practice to minimise tax liabilities, with a partial initial share disposal with options, deferred consideration and earn out aggregating to around £1.2 million value;
- working with the owners of a family manufacturing business on the sale of a majority of shares to a management buy-in team; and
- the £4 million sale of an industrial gas business to a large international corporation with some deferred consideration and earn out arrangements.