Ed is a Partner in the Corporate team.
Advising on buying and selling companies, business financing (both debt and equity), joint ventures, shareholder agreements, investments, and non-contentious company law, he works with both individuals and businesses. These clients operate in a variety of sectors from healthcare, IT and renewables, to transport and pharmaceuticals.
His expertise lies in company reorganisations and reconstructions; offering support and assistance in relation to solvency issues; joint ventures and shareholders agreements where he advises on exit strategies for shareholders; as well as matters relating to corporate governance and directors’ duties. In addition, he supports with share acquisitions and disposals, including management buy-outs, as well as business acquisitions and disposals, notably identifying and supporting on TUPE issues.
Ed's experience encompasses banking and acquisition finance, business startups and company formations, partnerships and LLPs.
Recent examples of how Ed has supported clients include:
- supporting Foresight Group with a £500,000 MIEF financed investment into Lincolnshire- based KryptoKloud.
- ensuring that a company had the opportunity to grow and develop, by advising client in respect of follow-on rounds of investment;
- facilitating the retirement of a construction company’s founders by advising on its sale to the existing management team;
- enabling a husband and wife team to create a company operating across multiple UK franchise territories, advising them on the simultaneous acquisition of three different franchises; and
- successfully ensuring peace of mind for management and shareholders of an established company by advising and implementing a negotiated exit strategy.