Geoff is a Partner in the Asset Management team.
He advises landowners on strategic land arrangements, including negotiating options or promotion agreements, short or long-term leases, and he structures joint venture projects for a profitable and tax-efficient exit.
Working with investors and property funds, in the UK and overseas, he supports them with their real estate portfolios comprising buy-to-let accommodation, shopping centres, office blocks, business and retail parks. He specialises in complex leasing arrangements, handles the sale or purchase of property assets, and provides guidance on strategic issues related to market trends.
In addition, he assists retailers and other commercial occupiers regarding lease negotiations and landlord and tenant matters.
His experience includes supporting a number of banks handling secured lending and due dilligence in regard to portfolio refinancing.
He acts for retailers, corporate occupiers, charities, residential developers, property funds, banks and a family investment company.
Recent examples of how Geoff has supported clients include:
- acting for Network Rail on the transfer of the Channel Tunnel rail link to the Secretary of State for Transport;
- supporting Southern Water on its operational and non-operational land holdings;
- completing a secured lending facility of £25 million for a mixed-use development site on behalf of the developer;
- refinancing a large area of land in a Cornwall tourist resort including part of the foreshore and harbour, and ironing out a number of anomalies in regard to title issues;
- negotiating the lease of an airfield with an option for a development lease on adjoining land; and
- securing a development agreement and negotiating a lease to a national retailer on behalf of a developer.