Jamie is a Senior Associate in the Asset Management and Development teams.
Experienced in advising on residential and commercial development, from initial concept stage through to disposal to the developer. This includes checking title and resolving issues; working with technical advisors; drafting and negotiating promotion or option agreements; negotiating easements and statutory agreements for utilities; and dealing with disposal documentation once planning permission has been obtained. For commercial mixed-use developments, Jamie also drafts the pre-let agreements with occupiers in the leisure and retail sectors.
He joins Knights from an in-house role with Gladman Developments where he was involved in acquiring sites and development projects for retirement and assisted living developments
Clients include promoters, PLCs, housebuilders, residential and commercial developers, speculative developers, and landowners.
Recent examples of how Jamie has helped clients include:
- the letting a 220,000 square foot industrial unit to Amazon UK and its subsequent disposal to an investment fund;
- the acquisition and subsequent management of a development site in Sheffield utilised for a new over 65 residential development
- selling a large development site in the North West in tranches, with numerous easements, cross rights and works obligations agreed proportionately between the various developers;
- completing the sale of a large residential development in Kent within a short period of time; and
- resolving and rectifying title defects on various transactions to provide a satisfactory development opportunity for a PLC housebuilder.