Kirsty is a Partner in the Asset Management team.
She supports clients with the sale and purchase of commercial, residential and agricultural property, on real estate finance and the securitisation of loans and mortgages and on the acquisition and disposal of development sites, to include the negotiation of options, promotion agreements, overage provisions, conditional contracts, freehold sales and occupier leases.
In addition, she also advises on the property aspects of company sales and acquisitions and on real estate matters that arise in the context of corporate restructuring.
Her clients include landowners, developers, lenders, landlords and tenants. She has experience of transactions involving hotels and leisure facilities, care homes and university estate management and development projects.
Recent examples of how Kirsty has supported clients include:
- completing the sale of a priory for an order of nuns, requiring specialist advice to comply with charities legislation and the agreement of the purchaser to observe restrictive covenants to ensure their enjoyment of an adjoining property would not be compromised by the proposed redevelopment of a hotel and wedding venue;
- negotiating an agreement for lease on behalf of a landowner to facilitate the building of a 90-bed extension to a Premier Inn on land that would be developed by the owner and let to the hotel chain for 25 years;
- supporting the owner of a large area of agricultural land in agreeing terms with a national land promoter and completing the subsequent sale of the land in a £10 million deal;
- advising a developer negotiating with a local authority to facilitate the creation of a large entertainment complex under a quasi-joint venture arrangement; and
- completing the acquisition of five independently owned care homes on behalf of a major UK care home company.