Lloyd is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team.
Advising both domestic and intentional businesses, Lloyd works alongside directors and business owners as a trusted advisor on issues such as breach of contract or warranty claims, advising on contract termination and overarching litigation strategy. Lloyd regularly advises in relation to disputes between business owners (shareholder and/or partnership disputes), helping to identify commercial solutions or where necessary pursuing matters in court.
Experienced in Technology disputes, he has advised in relation to breach of contract and termination of business-critical services (both telecoms and internet).
He supports clients in the Financial Services sector, providing support in relation to regulatory issues, fraud claims, corporate finance issues and miss selling of financial products. His work includes commodities disputes such as acting on behalf of a hedge fund bringing claims for USD $50million arising out of the potential manipulation of the LME Tin market as well as advising a business bringing a claim for £20m in relation to the miss-selling of a complex (collar and cap) insurance product.
In the Franchising sector, he regularly advises franchisors in relation to managing their network. Recent successes includes the defence of a franchisor against co-ordinated claims of fraudulent miss-representation by a number of disgruntled franchisees in the High Court valued at over £1m.
Lloyd advises clients in the Defence sector as to obligations and enforcement of contractual rights, including where supply chain issues and foreign governmental restrictions exert an influence.
In addition, he advises on Regulatory issues and Parliamentary investigations. Of note, Lloyd advised a client in relation to investigations by the Pension Regulator and linked appearances at the joint inquiry by the Work and Pensions and Business committees into BHS.
Recent examples of how Lloyd has supported clients include:
- shareholder dispute: acting for a petitioner in unfair prejudice proceedings valued at c.£350m in both the Supreme Court and High Court, against (inter alia) two Saudi Royal Princes. Re FI Call Limited: Apex Global Management Ltd v HRH Prince Abdulaziz Al Saud, HRH Prince Mishal Al Saud, et al.  EWHC 223 (Ch),  EWHC 1652 (Ch),  EWCA Civ 642;
- breach of contract: discharging an asset freezing order valued in excess of £1m in the matter of Anglo Financial SA v Goldberg  EWHC 3192 (Ch);
- regulatory sector: Advised a client in relation to investigations by the Pension Regulator and linked appearances at the joint inquiry by the Work and Pensions and Business committees into BHS;
- retail / supply chain sector: supporting the founder of a sportswear brand on a complex US$3m dispute regarding supply chain financing, hostile transfers of ownership of sections of the supply chain and including offshore entities and 6 jurisdictions, and a connected claim on shares;
- financial sector: advising a US alternative investment fund in relation to a USD $50m commodities market manipulation on the London Metal Exchange;
- financial sector: claiming consequential loss, valued at £20 million, in an action against a mainstream bank in relation to the miss selling of interest rate hedging products; and
- franchising: enforcing the terms of the franchise agreement for the franchisor against four rogue franchisees in breach of restrictive covenants and defending cross claims of fraudulent misrepresentation, valued in excess of £1.2m.