Melissa is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team.
Working for businesses and individuals, resolving a wide range of disputes such as breach of contract between companies and their suppliers, problems arising between shareholders or partners, financial, debt and insurance disputes. Melissa acts for claimants and defendants in professional negligence cases and defends professionals in disciplinary proceedings.
Clients include corporates, banks and insurers across the country, SMEs, agricultural and private clients in the North West. Melissa has acted for and against a wide range of professionals including accountants, solicitors, IFAs and veterinary surgeons, architects, surveyors and other construction professionals.
Recent examples of how Melissa has supported clients include:
- avoiding a £40 million claim from, and maintaining a working relationship with, a leading customer by agreeing that a client would put right the issue under dispute;
- getting an insurer to admit their liability to pay out after a burglary, when they had been ignoring a client;
- obtaining redress for a client who had been mis-sold a property investment in the Caribbean which was never built;
- successfully concluding a claim by a mortgage lender against a chartered surveyor who over-valued a house during conveyancing; and
- ensuring a vet continued in practice after facing a complaint before the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.