Michael is an Associate in the Asset Management team.
With extensive experience in freehold and leasehold commercial property transactions, he frequently acts and advises clients on every aspect of complex property acquisitions. This includes contract negotiation, investigation of title, lease review, landlord & tenant advice, post completion registrations, and ongoing administration of ground rent portfolios.
His knowledge of the intricacies surrounding the ground rent investment industry and developer / tenant relations has been gained through years of advising on behalf of established property investors.
He is known for providing clear, concise, and pragmatic advice to clients, whose feedback has praised his ability to explain complex issues in satisfactory detail whilst also cutting straight to the problems at hand. This, together with his proven ability to juggle multiple complex matters and meet tight deadlines, ensures he maintains the high level of service his clients have come to expect.
Primary clients include Long Harbour and Homeground.
Recent examples of how Michael has supported clients include:
- acting for an investor in a £3,000,000 assignment of a headlease relating to a high-end residential development near Canary Wharf;
- negotiating the variation of 16 headleases to reduce the liabilities and obligations on behalf of the tenant;
- advising a property investor on the risks of proceeding with the acquisition of freehold interest subject to residential units leased on onerous and unworkable terms, ultimately saving the client from a bad investment involving a partially unrecoverable ground rent;
- assisting in a corporate transaction involving the inter-company transfer of multiple property portfolios from several subsidiary companies to a single parent company; and
- assisting on the assignment of a contract and a £1,000,000 acquisition of a freehold purchase subject to occupational leases.