Pearse is an Associate in the Corporate team.
He negotiates, structures and advises on a wide range of corporate matters, notably share and asset acquisitions and disposals (both with trade and private equity buyers), venture capital and private equity investments, restructurings and general corporate advisory work. Working on transaction values ranging from £500,000 to £50m+, many of the transactions he deals with have complicated structures and various deferred consideration aspects.
While he works across all industry areas, he has a particular expertise in the pharmaceutical, technology, haulage and warehousing sectors.
Working with owner-managed SMEs as well as various venture capital and private equity funds, his approach is to truly understand the objectives of the client and take a commercial approach to transactions to ensure that they complete in line with client expectations.
Recent examples of how Pearse has supported clients include:
- negotiating numerous share and asset acquisitions and disposals in the pharmaceutical industry with transaction values ranging from £500,000 to £10m;
- providing advice on angel, seed and series A - C funding rounds for numerous technology businesses (both on the funder and company-side);
- advising on a disposal of a property SPV to a Singapore-based entity for a value of £60m;
- supporting a software company on its disposal to a market-leading competitor for a value of £40m;
- disposal of a transport consultancy business to a large professional services firm for a value of £5m;
- advising on a disposal of a haulage and warehousing company to an investment fund for a value of £5m;
- acquiring a recruitment company for a value of £4m;
- disposal of a technology outsourcing company to a private equity buyer for a value of £3m;
- advising on a restructuring of, and investment in, a sports manufacturing business; and
- providing guidance on a joint venture arrangement between two property management companies.