Renato (Ren) is a Partner in the Commercial team.
Specialising in contractual arrangements for the supply and purchase of goods and services and the commercialisation of intellectual property rights.
Negotiating commercial contracts including e-commerce, information technology & software, manufacturing, agency, distribution, outsourcing, managed services, procurement, warehousing & logistics agreements, commercial joint ventures and strategic alliances.
Ren is highly experienced in supporting major commercial outsourcing transactions and leading due diligence teams on the commercial, contractual and intellectual property rights aspects of business acquisitions.
Supporting owner-managed businesses, in-house legal teams, PLCs, management teams, private equity firms, shareholders, buyers, high-net-worth individuals and contract managers. He works across all industry sectors, with particular expertise in manufacturing, technology, food and drink, and financial services. Ren works with several technology businesses, from startups and scale ups through to listing on AIM, in software development, software services, IT consultancy and digital marketing.
Ren speaks good conversational Spanish and French (and basic Italian), and his international experience includes working on cross-border deals and contracts in the US, Middle East, South Africa and Australia.
Recent examples of how Ren has supported clients include:
- supporting the largest pensions consulting and administration firm in the UK on its fintech services and a succession of high value tenders relating to the provision of outsourced pension services;
- assisting the in-house legal team of a leading provider of online print management services on the negotiation of business-critical customer contracts;
- working with a brewery on its key supply chain arrangements and the implementation of its core brewing, manufacture and distribution arrangements with a global beer brand;
- negotiating high value paper-recycling contracts for a multinational, involving public authorities, industrial groups, respective in-house legal teams and external lawyers;
- supporting on the outsourcing of an international energy company’s call centre services to Durban, South Africa; and
- Leading diligence teams on a number of high value and high profile deals, including the £1bn sale of a credit reference agency and AIM listing of a gaming company.