Adam is a Partner in the Asset Management and Banking teams.
With extensive experience in the UK and internationally, Adam advises lenders and borrowers in relation to investment and development finance for all types of real estate assets.
Supporting clients on new financings and the restructuring and enforcement of existing finance, in each case including advising on intercreditor arrangements affecting all levels of the capital stack.
Adam acts for senior and mezzanine debt providers, investors, developers, high-net-worth individuals/family offices and owners and operators of hotels and retirement villages. Clients include Allied Irish Bank and Royal Bank of Canada.
Recent examples of how Adam has supported clients include:
- advising a family office in relation to its £25m residential development facility from an international bank for a London asset with a gross development value of £60m;
- working for a private equity fund on all aspects, including £50m of third-party debt funding, of its major re-development of a landmark hotel operated under third party management and franchise agreements;
- supporting a joint venture developer on its debt financing for one of the first mixed use, public land initiative schemes in the UK, creating 650 new residential units, a leisure centre, doctor’s surgery and retail space with a gross development value of £240m;
- providing advice to a national, student accommodation developer on its acquisition and development finance requirements;
- working with an international bank on its £40m facility to a British Virgin Islands company for the refinancing of a London hotel group;
- advising an international bank on its £52m facility to a Bahamas investment vehicle for the refinancing of a London private hospital; and
- working with and advising UK bank on loans ranging from £2m to £30m to numerous owners of UK based hotels.