Amanda is a Partner in the Family team.
Highly experienced family law professional providing expert advice on all aspects of family law, divorce and separation with an emphasis on financial remedy cases.
Amanda has specialist knowledge of complex financial cases, including pre-nuptial agreements, representing high net worth individuals with diverse asset bases. She balances a firm approach to Court proceedings with an emphasis on trying to achieve a fair settlement by agreement between the parties. Her wealth of experience was obtained from training and working at City firms and the divorce lawyers’ “magic circle”.
Clients include high net worth individuals with a mix of family and private wealth as well as successful business owners and directors.
Recent examples of how Amanda has supported clients include:
- negotiating complex financial settlements to avoid the cost of Court proceedings;
- advising clients when to make the strategic commercial decision to reach an agreement rather than pursuing the matter all the way to a costly final hearing;
- running shuttle negotiations between the parties;
- working closely with expert family law barristers if appropriate to the case;
- supporting clients “behind the scenes” whilst they attend financial mediation; and
- drafting and advising high net worth individuals on pre-nuptial agreements.