Andy is a Senior Associate in the Corporate and Tax teams.
He is an indirect tax specialist with experience gained in accountancy practices and time spent in industry. Andy has managed and run large operational and compliance teams in the UK and internationally. He has also led a client relationship team for a large UK finance outsourcing business.
Andy provides advice on the VAT issues connected with property disposals and acquisitions, property developments, company restructures, international issues, VAT liability issues and day to day compliance matters, including Making Tax Digital. This typically includes VAT due diligence, VAT reviews, reviewing VAT clauses in legal documents, together with more general structuring and VAT accounting advice on business activities and transactions.
Andy is also an experienced negotiator with HMRC and provides support to clients on HMRC issues and reviews, together with ongoing compliance support.
Clients include a range of owner-managed businesses and larger corporates, together with organisations with an international presence.
Examples of how Andy has supported clients include:
- The provision of VAT advice and structuring support in relation to a client’s £25million property acquisition and redevelopment project. This included discussions with HMRC on clearances and associated support
- An international VAT review to consider the impact of Brexit on the flow of goods around the EU for a multi-million-euro business
- Support with the acquisition of a £7million residential property in London, for redevelopment and ongoing VAT advice
- The provision of VAT compliance and advisory services to a large healthcare organisation
- VAT due diligence support for a client’s acquisition of an energy company.