Ben is a Partner specialising in IP, IT and data protection issues.
With over 15 years’ experience supporting clients from across the UK and internationally on a range of complex matters, Ben’s reputation is for providing an innovative, commercial approach, helping clients to fully realise the potential of their IP.
His expertise covers contentious and non-contentious matters, with a special focus on areas where technology, branding and the law intersect. Ben also focuses on IP protection, the negotiation and drafting of complex IT contracts, software licenses and development agreements, online reputation management and advising on emerging technologies including NFTs, machine learning and AI, blockchain and online marketing technologies.
Ben has experience of advising a diverse client base including emerging start-ups, household names, luxury fashion brands as well as supporting UK businesses with navigating international trade activities and international businesses looking to trade in the UK.
In addition, Ben is an active member of the International Trademark Association (INTA) where he sits on a committee.
Recent examples of how Ben has supported clients include:
- IP portfolio protection for a leading online ecommerce aggregator;
- Global trademark portfolio management (including enforcement) for a number of household name brands;
- A role as an IP Adviser in residence for SetSquared, a leading incubator for entrepreneurial businesses emerging from select research focused universities;
- Devising and assisting with the roll out of comprehensive IP policies for clients in a variety of sectors, including AI in healthcare; one of the UK’s largest automotive retailers and the fashion sector;
- Negotiating and drafting complex tech and IT contracts for clients in the private, public and charity sectors;
- Advising and drafting cross-jurisdiction EU funded IP collaboration agreements.