Beth is a Senior Associate in the Employment team.
Experienced in providing support on all aspects of employment law, her experience of working in-house as a HR Business Partner for Amazon enables her to understand, in depth, the role of HR practitioners. Her expertise includes advising on large scale TUPE projects, collective redundancies, amending terms and conditions, the management of poor performance and persistent absence, discrimination (with a focus on disability discrimination and mental health) and settlement agreements.
She specialises in providing employment law support alongside corporate transactions, with values between £250k and £3m, in particular advising on issues arising out of domestic mergers and acquisitions, and has advised on many high value and complex corporate transactions across a wide range of sectors, including retail, manufacturing and technology. This enables Beth to identify challenges and provide employer support to mitigate employment issues on business transfers and commercial agreements.
Beth also provides support with day-to-day employment matters as well as bespoke projects such as collective redundancies and large scale changes to terms and conditions and TUPE transfer. She also has experience in equality and diversity issues.
Beth supports owners, HR Directors and HR Managers of both UK and international private companies.
Recent examples of how Beth has supported clients include:
- advising an international company on a complex cross border TUPE transfer involving three jurisdictions due to a proposed business transfer of certain parts of a UK entity with a German owner to a Belgian owned entity. Strategic advice was given to the head of office on the legal, social and economic implications of the proposed TUPE transfer, including the implications of Brexit. The end result was the successful asset transfer and 86 settlement agreements signed by all employees (the entire workforce) thus avoiding claims for automatic unfair dismissal and/or failure to inform and consult, the value of which (had they been successful) would have been over £3million;
- supporting a telematics and technology solutions sector client in respect of the legal obligation to make reasonable adjustments in relation to a disabled employee as part of a wider changes to the terms and conditions process;
- acting for a telesales retail client in relation to a mobility clause in an employment contract and the prospects of success of a sex discrimination claim arising out of a requirement for employees to move retail stores;
- working with a national league football club in respect of allegations of whistleblowing and sex discrimination and securing a settlement in respect of these;
- employment legal advisor to the shareholders of GB Eye Limited (manufacturer and distributor of licenced gifts) in the cross border multi-million-pound sale of the business to Abysse Corp;
- employment legal advisor on the sale of Identity Experts to Performanta; and
- delivering a bespoke training programme on equality and diversity to senior managers and line managers of a technology client to improve internal processes and reduce the risk and likelihood of Tribunal claims.