Bhaven is a Senior Associate in the Asset Management team.
Experienced in property acquisitions and disposals, secured corporate lending, the grant, renewal and re-gearing of commercial leases, commercial property management and the real estate aspects of corporate transactions.
Negotiating wayleave agreements and heads of terms for the leasing of land or property to accommodate telecommunications equipment, gas and water pipes, electricity masts and cables and renewables apparatus.
Working for landowners, landlords and tenants, registered providers of social housing, local authorities and commercial companies. His current clients include Kirklees Council, Sovini Group, Your Housing Limited, Social Chain and The Coffee House.
Recent examples of how Bhaven has supported clients include:
- renegotiating a telecommunications roof top lease for a housing association to protect vulnerable residents at risk of suicide, and to secure a higher annual rent than was offered;
- amending the standard wayleave agreements offered by three broadband providers making them fairer to a housing association which had to ensure that the tenants of 650 properties had good internet access;
- negotiating the terms of a precedent lease for a council in Yorkshire to facilitate the installation of electric car charging facilities in ten publicly owned carparks;
- negotiating and completing a series of leases for a chain of coffee shops, including several new stores and the company’s head office just outside Warrington; and
- negotiating and completing a series of office leases at locations across the UK for a global digital marketing agency.