Carys is a Partner in the Commercial team.
She specialises in supporting clients with all types of commercial transactions, arrangements and contracts. Her work includes supply agreements, joint ventures and collaborations, manufacturing, distribution, agency and franchise agreements, consultancy agreements, IP exploitation and licensing arrangements, standard terms of supply and purchase, B2B and B2C e-commerce, outsourcing and confidentiality agreements (NDAs).
An expert in compliance, data privacy issues and contractual arrangements, she provides invaluable support and training to her clients on how to manage their data protection responsibilities as part of a larger transaction, new business stream or updating their processes and policies. She helps them ensure that they have the correct processes, policies and contracts in place to protect the data they hold in a compliant way, so that they can focus on their business. In addition, she supports international businesses with their data protection obligations and issues.
Carys works with a broad range of clients from start-ups to major national and international corporations focusing on understanding her clients’ businesses and how their commercial agreements fit into their business strategy enabling key issues to be identified and mitigated at an early stage.
With a particular expertise in manufacturing and technology, her specialist knowledge of the manufacturing sector is gained from her time as Head of Legal for a listed global engineering and manufacturing businesses.
Recent examples of how Carys has supported clients include:
- supporting a global PCR reagents supplier on the documentation for its distribution network and supply arrangements, its contracts management and contracts training to some of its key account managers;
- a world-leading manufacturer of advanced plumbing, heating and engineering products required support with all of its commercial contractual needs, including distribution, supply, NDAs, standard terms and warranty documentation, and contracts/compliance training for sales personnel;
- working with one of Europe’s top consumer packing providers on its key supply contracts with world-renowned food and beverage manufacturers;
- advising a South-Yorkshire based manufacturer and supplier of carbonaceous materials to the world’s manufacturing industries on a key supply agreement with a well-known global producer and supplier of oil, natural gas and low-carbon electricity, and on its strategic joint ventures and international collaborations; and
- supporting a specialist software provider and developer on its services and licensing agreements with a major global scientific research service provider.