Charlotte is a Senior Associate in the Family team.
Before joining Knights, Charlotte worked at a global law firm, where she gained the necessary expertise to assist clients with all elements of their relationship breakdown. She advises on divorce, financial settlements, cohabitee disputes and arrangements for children (to include both domestic and international relocation applications). Charlotte also assists clients who are starting new relationships, by drafting pre and postnuptial agreements to help protect pre-acquired or inherited wealth.
Charlotte’s clients include high net worth individuals, business owners, directors and academics. She acts also for individuals with long-standing family wealth, and those whose primary role is supporting the family.
Recent examples of how Charlotte has supported clients include:
- advising a wife in financial proceedings in the High Court. The matter involved offshore assets and property worth in excess of £15 million;
- advising a husband in financial claims, with assets worth in excess of £10 million (including offshore pensions). Tax and other expert evidence was needed in order to resolve the dispute;
- advising a husband in financial remedy proceedings, where he sought to protect his hugely successful property portfolio (held within a group of companies) and his pre-acquired wealth;
- helping a mother to defend Hague Convention proceedings, where she had fled the US as a result of suffering from domestic abuse;
- advising a father in a fully contested international relocation case, where the Mother sought to move to America with the parties’ child and the Father wished to remain in the UK; and
- drafting a pre-nuptial agreement as part of a wealth-protection plan for three generations of a family with farming land and business assets to protect.