Chris is an Associate in the Asset Management team.
He supports developers, landlord and tenants on commercial property matters related to energy and telecoms infrastructure, including sub-stations, power transmission, fuel pipelines, electric vehicle charging points, fibre cabling and telephone masts. This includes the acquisition of land, negotiating and renewing leases or an agreement to lease, licences to alter, the grant of rights, easements or wayleaves.
In addition, Chris also responsible for advising on the implementation of the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standard (MEES) and the implications of the proposed ‘biodiversity net gain’ within the Environment Bill, measures which encourage landlords and property owners to improve the energy efficiency and biodiversity of their properties.
Key clients include institutional investors, property developers, landlord and tenants, energy suppliers and infrastructure providers within the energy and low carbon sectors.
Recent examples of how Chris has supported clients include:
- acquiring and developing land for the construction of a substation in connection with electrification of a rail line on behalf of a national electricity supplier;
- negotiating leases to permit the connection of offshore wind farms to the national transmission network;
- acquiring pipelines and land to be used for gas governors and pressure reduction sites;
- the protection of a major transmission pipeline under a large mixed-use development in west London; and
- negotiating leases and the grant of easements and wayleaves for an oil supply company in relation to its UK network of pipelines.