Claire is a Partner in the Family team.
Highly experienced family law professional with over twenty years’ experience supporting clients with all aspects of family law with particular expertise on the financial aspects of a relationship breakdown including financial settlements, maintenance, pre-acquired and post-separation assets, pre and post nuptial agreements cohabitation and settlement agreements and financial claims for children.
Claire regularly advises on complex and high value cases acting for business owners and senior professionals, as well as advising on settlements including farming assets, land, pensions, and business structures. She also has considerable experience advising clients in relation to property disputes and associated civil proceedings, and also acts on behalf of parents in private children disputes including relocation, international cases and allegations of abuse.
Examples of how Claire has supported clients include:
- Advising a wife who was pursuing a claim against a property portfolio and complex structure of business assets that were held in the husband’s sole name, including an application for a legal services order and complicated by issues relating to the husband’s capacity.
- Supporting a senior professional in respect of divorce and financial proceedings against a husband based on Turkey, involving foreign service and protection of pre-marital wealth.
- Opposing on behalf of the father a mother’s application for leave to move their child to Singapore, involving High Court proceedings to determine the child’s habitual residence and liaising with the Passport, Home Office and cross-border authorities to obtain a Passport Order.
- Representing a father to issue an emergency application against mother for wrongful retention of their child in America and successfully obtaining High Court Order for child’s return, and successfully opposing application by mother that the child’s habitual residence had changed. Case involved psychological assessments and allegations of parental alienation.
- Successfully defending a client whose former partner issued a claim for a beneficial interest in her property and café business which was dismissed following a trial in the Chancery Court and involved assets and witness evidence from the Ukraine.