Connor has considerable experience of many types of litigation including intellectual property disputes, property litigation, contractual disputes, insolvency and defamation, he also provides general intellectual property advice.
He was the first solicitor to issue an intellectual property claim in the Business and Property Courts in Newcastle upon Tyne, resulting in a great outcome for his client. He has a particular interest in intellectual property, and property matters.
Connor often performs advocacy at hearings and has conducted the whole of an IPEC claim where he acted for a defendant who was successful in having a claim dismissed in one of the first of its kind heard outside of London.
He has experience across a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, transport, design and utilities, and is a member of the Newcastle upon Tyne Business and Property Courts Forum.
He receives instructions from a wide variety of clients, from start-up companies to well-known brands to private individuals, professional service firms and specialist business support organisations.
Examples of how Connor has supported clients include:
- representing a company in respect of a copyright infringement claim against a global fashion retailer, resulting in a five figure settlement and an undertaking;
- resolving a high-value and complex professional negligence claim against an architect, producing a six figure settlement which Counsel remarked was better than what could have been achieved on a “good day” at Court;
- acting for commercial landlords and tenants, including an international fashion brand, large manufacturer, and the largest commercial vehicle hire company in the UK, by providing advice, preparing and serving complex break notices, notices to quit and issuing proceedings when necessary in England and Wales and foreign jurisdictions;
- advising and representing a significant number of landlords of residential properties to resolve disputes, including the preparation and service of notices, and the commencement of proceedings through to the enforcement of judgments;
- acting for an international company which provides office space, and national water utility company, concerning multiple claims of breach of contract with combined claims in excess of millions of pounds.