Daniel is a Partner in the Employment team.
He specialises in all aspects of employment law with a particular emphasis on high level strategic issues such as corporate restructuring; TUPE; contract renegotiations; changes in culture and working practices; harmonisation of employment practices following a merger; ensuring compliance in regulated businesses; protection of intellectual property in innovative companies; developing policies and procedures. He supports employers in dealing with the full spectrum of problems in the workplace including negotiating the smooth exit of a senior director; handling a sex or race discrimination claim; dealing with bullying or harassment; issues arising from whistleblowing; determination of worker/employee status; ensuring the correct calculations in regard to national minimum wage rates, holiday pay, bonuses or share options.
While his clients are mainly employers in companies with multiple business units in sectors such as retail, hospitality, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, he also acts for directors and senior employees. He works with international companies, working closely with the in-house labour lawyer of a major US corporation in regard to their UK operations.
Recent examples of how Daniel has supported clients include:
- helping to harmonise the employment policies across four pharmaceutical companies for the US parent company;
- dealing with numerous issues arising from the workforce of a leading high street fashion chain;
- supporting employers with absenteeism, persistent lateness, theft of stock, and national minimum wage investigations from HMRC;
- defending a national restaurant group in a high value employment tribunal claim; and
- negotiating a settlement agreement for a company director whose remuneration package included a complex share option scheme.