David is a Partner in the Commercial team.
With over 30 years of experience, David provides support and advice on a wide range of commercial matters often as a business advisor acting as a close and trusted advisor to his clients building a deep understanding of their business needs and future plans. David’s advice has included guidance and negotiation of international contracts as well as supporting and advising on the acquisition and disposal of businesses working closely with the Corporate team.
David’s day to day practice involves advising across the full spectrum of commercial issues which a company may face ranging from negotiating commercial contracts including manufacturing, framework, outsourcing agreements, commercial joint ventures, professional partnership agreements, commodity agreements and pharmaceutical agreements especially in relation to the acquisition of mature products.
In addition, David also has specialist experience in regulatory issues arising out of distribution arrangements in relation to cosmetic products following Brexit.
Recent examples of how David has supported clients include:
- coordinating and advising as lead lawyer on the acquisition of an overseas company and assets containing a business critical product the client wanted including the preparation of several related commercial agreements regarding the ongoing commercialisation of the product;
- negotiating and finalising distribution agreement for the UK initially of a new “trophy” product to be introduced to market for the first time including advice on regulatory considerations arising;
- supporting with a substantial framework agreement with household name for supply of certain services for 2 phases of a project with the expectation of it being used for future projects;
- supporting trade organisation on updating their constitutional and operating documents and advising on new project which will expand the services offered by the organisation including review of all supporting documents; and
- advising on commercial joint venture for a confidential and sensitive project requiring high level regulatory approval.