Emel is an Associate in the Residential Property team.
Experienced in the sale and purchase of residential property, Emel supports a range of clients including private individuals, investors, limited companies and high-net-worth individuals. Emel has specialist knowledge of freehold and leasehold sales and purchases as well as probate sales, purchase of new-builds, transfers of equity and re-mortgages.
In addition, Emel acts for individuals and companies advising them on a range of Islamic finance structures for the acquisition and refinancing of residential properties. She works closely with overseas investors, often from the Middle East, looking to invest into the UK real estate market using Shariah compliant financing.
Examples of how Emel has supported clients include:
- working with an overseas investor, to invest into the UK real estate market using Shariah compliant financing;
- negotiating the provisions of a new Lease and persuading the freeholder to remove onerous ground rent provisions;
- completing the purchase of an auction property with a tight deadline for a first time buyer;
- completing the off-plan purchases of a number of apartments for Saudi-based property investors; and
- the sale of a development of a number of houses in Oxfordshire.