Hayden is a Solicitor in the Employment team.
He helps HR and management teams in a commercial but down to earth and approachable way, putting the client’s interests and objectives at the forefront of his advice on employment law and day-to-day HR support.
Hayden is experienced in guiding clients on a wide range of employment issues. on the non-contentious issues such as Hayden’s work includes:
- guiding clients through performance, disciplinary and grievance processes;
- drafting, reviewing and advising on contracts of employment, settlement agreements and workplace policies and procedures;
- supporting both employees and employers in the Employment Tribunal, most commonly defending claims of unfair dismissal and discrimination; and
- supporting redundancy settlement projects for companies from the planning, administration and management of a project to providing the legal advice to the employees.
Hayden acts for a wide range of household name businesses, provides in-person, virtual and written employment and HR updates and has also spent time on secondment to a large facility management services company handling a variety of work including several Employment Tribunal claims.
Recent examples of how Hayden has supported clients include:
- assisting with an investigation and preparation of a detailed findings report on behalf of a multinational manufacturing company into a grievance raised by a senior employee involving complex allegations of discrimination, bullying and victimisation;
- advising on the preparation and implementation of a business restructure and redundancy exercise including the production of the documents pack and providing guidance throughout the process;
- achieving multiple early resolutions of Employment Tribunal claims for a well-known retail client by obtaining withdrawals and successfully negotiating low value commercial settlements;
- reviewing and advising on the terms of a proposed service agreement to an individual client prior to commencing a full time position as Commercial Director; and
- being part of the management team of a large redundancy settlement project on behalf of an employer client involving around 5,000 employees.