Hayley is a Partner in the Charities and Corporate teams.
With extensive experience in all corporate matters, her focus is on helping clients identify and achieve their strategic vision. This includes share and asset sales, business acquisitions, group re-organisations including inter-group transactions, mergers and de-mergers, employee share schemes, drafting of constitutional documents and shareholder agreements.
She also works alongside charities and trustees with their merger and acquisition strategies, the reviewing and drafting of governance documentation and working through organisational issues taking into account specific charity law requirements.
Working across a wide range of sectors, she acts for SMEs, family businesses, owner-managed businesses, trade organisations, charities and investment companies.
Clients include Matrix Healthcare Limited, Douglas MacMillan Hospice, Hilltop Country House Events Limited, OMM, Esterchem Limited, Sugro, the Bathroom Manufacturers Association, the Institute of Historic Building Conservation and a number of private individuals.
Recent examples of how Hayley has supported clients include:
- supporting Staffordshire based Douglas Macmillan Hospice hospice on its successful merger with children’s hospice Donna Louise Trust. Including advising on the strategy, drafting the corporate documentation to facilitate the merger factoring in the requirements of charity law and the amendment of governance documents to enable the merger to proceed;
- group re-organisation to facilitate the organisations succession planning including the implementation of an EMI scheme to incentivise senior staff;
- helping a trade organisation to navigate through the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic including drafting all documentation to ensure it better reflects the needs and future management of the organisation;
- asset sale of an in-house developed pharmaceutical product to a multi-national organisation; and
- supporting Hymor Timber on its sale to National Timber Group as part of its succession planning including drafting the share sale agreements for the seller looking to retire.