Helen is a Partner in the Restructuring & Insolvency team.
With over 20 years of experience, Helen provides practical and commercial legal advice to all stakeholders in the insolvency process, including insolvency practitioners, companies, directors, creditors and individuals.
Any business sector can be affected by financial distress and insolvency. Helen has experience of restructuring and insolvency across a wide range of sectors including government, education, charities and healthcare.
Helen supports clients including insolvency practitioners, companies and individuals facing possible insolvency, and group companies seeking to restructure. In addition Helen also advises secured creditors, regarding enforcement of their security, and unsecured creditors (including landlords), counterparties concerning their legal rights against insolvent contracting parties, and purchasers of the assets of insolvent businesses.
Recent examples of how Helen has supported clients include:
- obtaining an injunction on behalf of joint Trustees in Bankruptcy to prevent the disposal of a property which had been transferred fraudulently to a Seychelles company owned by the bankrupt’s spouse;
- supporting the joint Administrators of an online healthcare business regarding the disposal of its business and assets and its associated pharmacy subsidiary;
- advising the trustees and directors of an educational charity regarding the proper winding up of an insolvent joint venture;
- supporting the directors and shareholders of a company seeking to dispose of their shares when on the cusp of formal insolvency; and
- advising a litigation funder on the pursuit of claims acquired from office-holders against delinquent directors and their associates.