Henry is a Partner in the Construction team.
Drafting and negotiating bespoke and standard form building and engineering contracts (including JCT, NEC and MF/1), provides advice on the construction aspects of property finance and security arrangements and creates project-specific contracts to deal with procurement, professional appointments and supply chain management. He also negotiates and drafts collateral warranties, advises on third party rights, Party Wall Act issues and other concerns over neighbouring land.
Working for property owners, developers, funders, personal and corporate buyers and personal and corporate landlords and tenants. Henry's clients are based throughout the UK and Europe and he has a particularly strong following in the East Midlands, London and the North.
Recent examples of how Henry has supported clients include:
- drafting and negotiating the construction documents for the redevelopment of a private residence in London, worth in excess of £100 million, on behalf of an overseas client;
- drafting and negotiating the construction documents for a £75 million mixed-use development, which required the inclusion of decanting and re-occupation provisions to cater for a national retailer who would be in situ for the duration of the project;
- drafting and negotiating the construction documents for a £35 million office and retail development and for the subsequent letting of the completed development;
- advising a property owner on Party Wall Act issues raised by an urban redevelopment project and negotiating a special foundation agreement, a support agreement and a scaffold and crane-over-sailing agreement to address neighbour concerns and to enable the development to proceed;
- advising a development lender on the construction documentation for the funding of a £300 million office block development in central London; and
- advising a national retailer on third-party rights available to it under construction documents for a refurbishment project relating to premises it had agreed to occupy.