Jade is a Senior Associate in the Corporate and Tax teams.
She has experience in a wide variety of taxation matters including providing transactional corporate tax advice in relation to M&A. Jade also has extensive experience in private equity investments, reorganisations, demergers and MBOs, providing bespoke income tax and capital gains tax advice to management on significant corporate and private equity transactions.
In addition, Jade advises UK corporates on the withholding tax implications of cross border lending and debt for equity swaps, advising on the implementation of employee incentive arrangements and supporting both corporates and individuals with HMRC enquiries and investigations.
Jade advises a broad range of clients including listed and foreign companies, private equity funds, owner managers, high net worth individuals, entrepreneurs and banks.
Supporting both UK corporates and international groups, clients include BGF, Phenna Group, Yorkshire Wildlife Group, Universally Speaking Limited, Snap Finance UK Ltd and Fulcrum Utility Services Limited.
Recent examples of how Jade has supported clients include:
- advising the shareholder of Universally Speaking Limited, a leading end-to-end service provider for the global video gaming industry on the income tax and capital gains tax implications of the sale and subsequent reinvestment following a major investment from private equity investor Phoenix Equity Partners;
- providing transactional corporate tax advice to popular tourist attraction, Yorkshire Wildlife Park on its £38 million-pound debt and equity raise from both BGF and a major high street bank;
- acting for BGF on its £9 million-pound investment to join forces with Dragons Den star, Peter Jones to support two high growth tech businesses, Localised Group, an e-commerce platform for global brands and Retail Services Group, a business that provides in store end-to-end retail experiences for some of world’s leading brands technology brands;
- providing transactional corporate tax advice to Phenna Group and its shareholders on a significant minority investment from Inflexion;
- successfully challenging a VAT personal liability notice on behalf of a shareholder of a UK property development company; and
- providing tax advice to a UK corporate group on the withholding tax implications of its cross border lending including advising on the terms of the UK/US double tax treaty in order to establish the availability of treaty relief and mitigate withholding tax leakage on UK interest.