James is a Senior Associate in the Corporate team.
Specialising in domestic and cross-border private company acquisitions and sales (trade and private equity), management buyouts (debt and private equity funded), private equity investments (debt and equity), institutional lending and refinancing, group reorganisations and all-round corporate support.
In addition, James supports clients with the negotiation and structuring of corporate agreements including share or asset sales of purchases (with transaction values between £100,000 and £10m).
James has extensive experience in acting for a variety of clients including private and public companies, management teams and financial institutions across a wide range of sectors including leisure and hospitality and manufacturing.
Clients include owners and directors of SMEs, Axel Johnson International AB, hotel and leisure operators and financial institutions.
Recent examples of how James has supported clients include:
- assisted with the sale of NMC Group to Total Capital-backed GRITIT which created a £50m turnover group;
- leading on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Crab and Lobster Restaurants Holdings Limited (t/a Crab Manor Hotel) having completed the purchase of The Olde Barn from administrators in a separate transaction two weeks prior;
- leading on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of The Walshford Inn Limited (t/a The Bridge Hotel & Spa;
- advising Axel Johnson in connection with the acquisition which extends their industrial and lifting solutions service offerings in the UK market;
- supporting with the transition of British volumetric concrete mixer manufacturer, Armcon Limited, to being an employee-owned business;
- sale of ALTEK Group advising the sellers (UK and US based) with an initial purchase price of £45 million; and
- assisting with the sale of a Doncaster based UKAS accredited geotechnical and materials testing facility, Professional Soils Laboratory Limited to Phenna Group.