Jo is a Senior Associate in the Asset Management team.
Supporting clients on a range of commercial real estate matters, she focuses on landlord and tenant transactions (such as new leases, agreements for lease, lease renewals, surrenders and variations and licences to assign, sublet or alter), acquisitions and disposals of development sites, sales conditional on planning agreements, option agreements for both landowners and developers, and portfolio asset management.
Her experience in secured lending includes acting for lenders and borrowers in residential, commercial and mixed-use site acquisitions, development funding (particularly in the residential development market), portfolio refinancing and restructuring. Support includes liaising with other professionals on compliance (such as charity regulations), construction aspects and tax efficiency.
She acts for private and corporate investors, traders, retailers, developers, charities, banks and pension funds.
Recent examples of how Jo has supported clients include:
- supporting Lloyds Bank on a separate representation basis where the Borrower was looking to refinance its portfolio of properties in order to obtain an £8 million loan;
- enabling a borrower to acquire and redevelop a mixed-use site incorporating a pre-let hotel, social housing, café and supermarket via a £25 million refinancing loan involving a range of security and collateral warranties;
- facilitating a property investment company’s conversion of a freehold warehouse to office space with a bank loan, incorporating agreements on capital contributions, building contract and construction related warranties, with an agreement for lease with the tenant, being a large financial institution, whereby the tenant was to undertake the conversion at the landlord’s expense;
- enabling a landowner to proceed with a site sale and development, conditional on planning permission, by negotiating an option agreement with a large housebuilder; and
- negotiating for a tenant an aeroplane hangar and adjoining land lease involving rights of access over an airfield, advising on tenant covenants to ensure compliance with airfield regulations, a licence to store on the adjoining land, and guarantor covenants with the tenant’s non-UK parent company.