Joseph is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team.
Specialising in commercial litigation and arbitration, working in a wide variety of industry sectors including construction, aviation and engineering.
Recent examples of how Joseph has supported clients include:
- working for British Nuclear Fuels Ltd in two major and lengthy sets of proceedings concerning the development of the Thermal Oxide Reprocessing Plant (THORP) at Sellafield and related contracts with foreign nuclear power plant operators for the reprocessing of their spent fuel;
- dealing with several sets of proceedings in the aviation industry including engineering and aircraft leasing disputes and the recovery of aircraft, their engines and other parts;
- representing construction companies and employers in disputes arising from commercial and residential developments;
- providing advice both for and against defendants in professional negligence proceedings involving accountants, lawyers, valuers and surveyors; and
- dealing with many sets of complex international proceedings involving issues of foreign law and practice, jurisdiction and priority of proceedings.