Josh is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution team.
Advising clients on their litigation strategy, Josh focuses on contractual disputes, franchising disputes, breach of warranty claims, disputes arising out of share purchase agreements, shareholder disputes, contract termination and restrictive covenants.
Identifying with clients their end goals, Josh devises commercial and bespoke litigation strategies to enable clients to achieve their aims., Josh provides pragmatic and commercially focused legal advice that is focused on achieving the best result for clients. He regularly represents clients at interlocutory hearings and at trial, where he works in partnership with counsel achieve success.
Recent examples of how Josh has supported clients include:
- supporting a franchisor in the food and beverage sector with a multi-franchisee model to deal effectively with a series of disputes in the sum of £1million;
- supporting a client in the insurance sector in urgent injunctive proceedings brought in the High Court and a subsequent claim relating to the alleged misuse of confidential data and breach of restrictive covenants;
- supporting the founder of a brand in the retail/supply chain sector on a complex US$3million dispute regarding supply chain financing, hostile transfers of ownership including offshore entities and 6 jurisdictions and a connected claim relating to shares held in a company in insolvency in a foreign jurisdiction;
- advising a client in the domestic insulation sector on strategy and commercial tactics in respect of a series of in excess of 70 claims brought against that client;
- working with an organisation in the transport sector to help them use litigation to serve as a warning to existing clients where they wish to continue a working relationship but the client has defaulted on their responsibility;
- supporting a manufacturer and supplier to the construction industry with regular contractual disputes; and
- assisting a medical supplier and distributor with large a complex project around supply chain issues.