Judith is a Partner in the Family team.
Judith is an experienced divorce lawyer specialising in high value and complex financial divorce cases (including High Court cases), particularly those which involve complicated forensic investigations, and difficult respondents. She is often on the other side to Magic Circle divorce firms and instructs some of the country’s top matrimonial silks.
With over 28 years of experience in cross border disputes, trusts, high values pensions and intricate company structures, Judith is known for her tenacious manner, yet with an ability to cut through issues and present these in a clear and practical manner. Judith takes the time to listen, to understand the client’s aims and motives and strives to achieve settlements, often against difficult and obstructive opponents.
Judith is a Resolution Accredited Specialist in the fields of high net worth financial cases and cohabitee claims and has built up a niche practice in the area of cohabitee claims, both with Trusts of Land and Schedule 1 cases. She also has experience in acting for intervenors in divorce cases.
In addition, Judith is experienced in drafting nuptial agreements and enjoys the negotiations and the creative challenge of drafting contracts often with the aim of protecting pre-acquired or inherited wealth.
Clients include high net worth individuals such as entrepreneurs, expatriates, individuals in the public eye as well as their spouses and cohabitants.
Recent examples of how Judith has supported clients include:
- advising a wife and pursuing her financial claims against her husband who was the major share in a complex international business structure, across many countries, involving difficult disclosure issues and the instruction of experts to value the business and specific assets;
- supporting a husband in a heavily disputed financial case involving a multi-million pound inheritance, assets in several jurisdictions and issues as to the extent of the matrimonial assets and the needs of the parties;
- advising third parties in several complex intervenor cases, instructing specialist Chancery counsel, pleading the clients cases and obtaining settlements prior to interim hearings;
- working for several individuals in the public eye and negotiating settlements, thus preventing unwelcome publicity;
- acting for the wife of a property developer and supporting her through a difficult disclosure and negotiation process; and
- advising a cohabitee as to his Trust of Land claims in relation to several disputed jointly held properties and achieving a settlement without the need for a court application.