Julie is a Partner in the Development team.
Dealing with residential property development, advising on conditional contracts for the sale and purchase of development land, options and overage agreements, planning promotion agreements, joint ventures and other forms of collaboration, land assembly and setting up development sites for plot sales.
Experienced in advising on land acquisitions for the construction of build-to-rent schemes, including high rise developments in city centre locations. Julie acts for developers, housebuilders, promoters, landowners and registered providers of social housing.
Recent examples of how Julie has supported clients include:
- negotiating an arrangement with the owner of land adjoining a large development site to facilitate the creation of an access road and an option in the developer’s favour to run services across a retained ransom strip;
- protecting the rights of a developer who had agreed to acquire a site, subject to the seller constructing an access bridge across an adjoining river with an acoustic bund to reduce noise from a nearby road, by structuring the deal so that payment would not become due in full until the bridge and bund were in place;
- renegotiating the terms of an overage agreement to enable a developer to make staged payments of an agreed uplift fee each time one of 400 hundred planned homes was sold and arranging for the release of retained mines and mineral rights which would otherwise have made the homes difficult to sell;
- persuading the beneficiaries of an overage agreement to renegotiate the terms on which uplift payments would be received, enabling the land to be included in a land pool trust for a proposed development of 1,500 homes; and
- negotiating options for the acquisition of a development site on behalf of collaborating developers, securing the right to build a link road across third party land in the face of opposition from a meat processing plant whose workers would be forced to cross the road to access the staff carpark.