Karyn is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team.
Working for large and mid-sized corporates on high-value complex commercial litigation involving breach of contract related to procurement, and disputes about the supply of goods or services across multiple industry sectors, with a particular interest in aviation. Karyn also has experience in-house within the telecoms sector in both commercial disputes and competition law.
Karyn advises on a range of competition law issues including the application of competition law to agreements, sales strategies and joint venture arrangements, as well as cross-industry projects. She also advises on the risks relating to infringement of competition law, bringing follow-on damages claims and competition law compliance. Karyn liaises closely with Knights’ Corporate team in the provision of merger control analysis and the application of the National Security & Investment Act.
Following the extension of the UK’s Russia sanctions regime in 2022, Karyn has provided advice to a range of client in relation to the impacts upon their business activities.
Recent examples of how Karyn has supported clients include:
- Advising aviation clients in relation to the pursuit of cross-border actions to recover equipment and monies owed in Indonesia and China;
- Supporting an aviation client on a potential claim against an MRO facility;
- Working with a helicopter manufacturer in relation to a potential strike out of a claim alleging a defective helicopter sale in Malaysia;
- Advising a client on allegations of abuse of dominance in relation to its licensing activities;
- Advising a distributor on information exchange concerns following its acquisition of a competitor;
- Supporting a distributor in relation to dual pricing, resale price maintenance and the use of online marketplaces;
- Advising a major logistics company in relation to its follow-on damages claim against manufacturing companies involved in the Truck Cartel;
- Providing advice in relation to competition law training and compliance, including the preparation of competition law policies, delivering competition law training and the preparation of dawn raid guidelines;
- Representing a telecommunications company in relation to its £70+ million breach of contract claim in the Technology and Construction Court and obtaining a favourable settlement one month before trial. Our client instructed multiple expert witnesses across a number of specialisms and the matter involved 21 witnesses spanning a 10-year period; and
Defending a breach of contract claim against a telecommunications company involving allegations of fraud alleged against the claimant co