Karyn is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution team.
Working for large and mid-sized corporates in relation to high-value complex commercial litigation involving breach of contract related to procurement, and disputes about the supply of goods or services across multiple industry sectors, including aviation. Karyn has experience in-house within the telecoms sector in both commercial disputes and competition law.
Karyn advises on the application of competition law to agreements, sales strategies and joint venture arrangements, as well as cross-industry projects. She also advises on the risks relating to infringement of competition law and bringing follow-on damages claims. Karyn supports clients with competition law compliance, dawn raid guidance and the provision of bespoke competition law training.
Recent examples of how Karyn has supported clients include:
- Representing a telecommunications company in relation to its £70+ million breach of contract claim in the Technology and Construction Court and obtaining a favourable settlement one month before trial. Our client instructed multiple expert witnesses across a number of specialisms and the matter involved 21 witnesses spanning a 10-year period;
- Advising a major logistics company in relation to its follow-on damages claim against manufacturing companies involved in the Truck Cartel;
- Defending a breach of contract claim against a telecommunications company involving allegations of fraud alleged against the claimant company;
- Preparation of the UK Competition Law Policy for the UK subsidiary of a global property development and management firm; and
- Provision of bespoke Competition Law training to various retail teams of the UK subsidiary of a global marketing company.