Kate is a Partner in the Corporate and Tax teams.
Experienced in a wide range of corporate transactions, Kate specialises in the tax aspects of domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions and has advised on many high value and complex corporate transactions.
Kate’s experience includes: advising private equity funds and providing tax advice to exiting and rolling managers; designing and implementing employee incentive arrangements; providing real estate tax advice in relation to a broad range of real estate investment and development matters and advising borrowers and lenders in relation to the withholding tax implications of cross border lending arrangements.
With a strong international practice, Kate frequently assists US and European law firms with the UK specific tax aspects of their transactions.
Kate acts for an incredibly diverse range of clients from start-ups to listed companies, banks, individuals and other law firms.
Recent examples of how Kate has supported clients include:
- working with data software developer Matillion Limited on its multi-jurisdictional employee incentive arrangements;
- advising Premier League football club Burnley FC and its shareholders on the sale of a significant shareholding to ALK Capital LLC for £200m;
- providing advice to MML Capital Partners in relation to numerous investments and exits in relation to Learning Curve Group Limited, Instant Offices, Frontier Medex and PIE;
- advising BGF on numerous investments and exits including its investment to join forces with Dragons Den star, Peter Jones and in relation to the first merger of two BGF-backed businesses, which created one of the largest independent facilities managements services companies in the UK;
- advising on the cross border debt restructuring of one of the UK’s largest point of sale finance providers including advising on the withholding tax implications, the availability of treaty relief and making treaty relief applications for various international entities; and
- providing UK specific transactional tax advice to numerous US and European law firms, including advising on the tax aspects of Estee Lauders’ $1bn takeover bid for Charlotte Tilbury.