Kathryn is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution team.
She specialises in defending insurance claims on behalf of self-insured businesses in the waste management and hospitality sectors, including Personal Injury (Road Traffic Accidents, Employers’ Liability and Public Liability), Credit Hire and Property Damage. In addition, she pursues claims for property damage and loss on behalf of her clients. She also has extensive experience defending fraudulent claims on behalf of her clients.
Her expertise also extends to advising upon the defence of claims for discrimination, data protection breaches, subject access requests, complaints and contractual disputes.
Kathryn has previously worked in-house at a number of organisations including the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors where she was Lead Investigator on complex and challenging cases involving alleged misconduct; and also in-house at the General Medical Council assisting with the investigations and preparation of cases to be heard by Fitness to Practice or Interim Order Panel Hearings. She has also worked for and on behalf of other Regulatory Bodies. This experience enables her to bring a different perspective when advising clients. Kathryn has also worked in-house at a well-known Insurance Company in their Counter-Fraud Department
Supporting clients across the UK in respect of claims in the Small Claims Track, Fast Track and the Multi Track, they come from a range of sectors including hospitality, waste management, retail and financial services.
Recent examples of how Kathryn has helped clients include:
- securing a finding of fundamental dishonesty against a Claimant who had brought a claim for personal injury against his employers;
- the recovery of £10,000.00 from a Claimant in respect of a client’s costs of defending a personal injury claim where QOCS applied;
- successfully negotiating an out of Court settlement in respect of an Employers’ Liability claim, reducing the payout to £35,000.00 from £450,000.00;
- securing a client’s costs of defending the entire action from the Claimant on a case where liability was admitted;
- successfully defending a claim worth £70,000.00 in respect of a contractual dispute in which the Claimant discontinued its claim; and
- successfully defended various racial and disability discrimination claims brought against a client, including the refusal of access/service for not wearing face coverings.