Kirstin is a Senior Associate in the Tax & Trusts and Wills & Estates teams.
Supporting individuals and families on all aspects of lifetime, succession and inheritance planning, her work includes making a will or lasting powers of attorney (or dealing with issues arising from existing enduring powers of attorney) advising on deputy appointments, setting up or administering trusts and advising on tax planning and lifetime giving.
She is very experienced in all aspects of trust administration, including setting up or winding up trusts and has also dealt with a number of different charities advising on new structures, amending schemes, changes in direction and dissolution.
Her clients include entrepreneurs as well as landowners and families even sports and media personalities.
Recent examples of how Kirstin has supported clients include:
- settling the estate of a well-known restaurateur who died suddenly, including helping to take the business forward;
- administering a large trust fund for a family after the sale of a business;
- advising on succession planning and wills for a media personality with assets overseas;
- dealing with the appointment of a professional attorney for a vulnerable individual who had no immediate family support; and
- advising a national charity on the implication of disposing of charity assets arising from a change in direction.