Liam is a Senior Associate in the Asset Management team.
Experienced in advising on all aspects of sales and acquisitions and landlord and tenant matters for a wide range of commercial property, ranging from licenced premises, shops, offices, blocks of flats, manufacturing facilities and warehouses.
Working for landlords and tenants in the negotiation and drafting of leases, including assignments and alteration provisions. Liam works closely with the licensing team on premises for the leisure and hospitality sector, covering bars and restaurants in Nottingham, the East Midlands and across the UK. He also acts on behalf of a wide range of institutional lenders on secured lending matters and his clients include national food chains, banks, estate agents, cinemas, charity shops, hairdressers, cinemas and a jazz club.
In addition, Liam has experience of commercial adverse possession claims, where a business wants to claim the title to part of a building or land that does not belong to them and that they have been using unchallenged for several years. Examples include a basement used for storage and a pavement area used in front of a restaurant.
Liam is active in the commercial property auction market, preparing auction packs on behalf of sellers and pre-auction property reviews on behalf of prospective buyers.
Clients include Barclays Bank, NatWest Bank, Handelsbanken, Subway, Ensek and Great Northern Group.
Recent examples of how Liam has supported clients include:
- securing an agreement to lease, conditional on landlord's works, for a software company at a rent of £270,000 in Nottingham city centre;
- advising a borrower in relation to a refinancing, where a commercial bank was taking security of approximately 15 properties in Leicester city centre;
- acting for a major international franchisor, with a portfolio of approximately 2,500 leasehold properties in the UK, in relation to the grant, assignment, underletting and surrender of various leases and underleases across England;
- advising a developer in relation to development purchase for £14.3m in Nottinghamshire; and
- securing an agreement for lease at £60,000 per annum, conditional on planning and landlord's reconstruction works, for a prominent leisure unit in West Bridgford, Nottingham.