Lindsey is a Partner in the Corporate team.
She assists clients on corporate matters, including corporate structuring and reorganisation, mergers and acquisitions, business sales, cross-border transactions, share purchase arrangements, management buyouts, joint ventures, corporate funding and secured corporate lending.
In particular, Lindsay specialises in the self-storage and flexible space sectors, advising on sale and purchase transactions and commercial issues including management agreements, terms and conditions of trading and licensing arrangements.
Lindsay is experienced in multi-jurisdictional work and has a niche practice advising offshore trustees on the sale of their shares in private companies, managing their exposure to risk.
She acts for entrepreneurs, owner-managed SMEs in the UK and internationally, and Lindsey is also an advisor to the Self-Storage Association.
Recent examples of how Lindsey has supported clients include:
- facilitating the demerger of a self-storage business on behalf of the owners who wanted to manage their risk exposure, creating standalone entities capable of being sold independently;
- supporting the incoming management team in the acquisition of a wealth management company under a management buyout, with the exit of retiring management and incentivisation of loyal employees who were key to growth plans;
- negotiating the sale of a UK insurance underwriting agency owned by offshore trusts in a deal which required careful structuring to ensure the trustees’ liabilities were adequately contained without frustrating the underlying deal;
- guiding the management team of a growing self-storage business through a private equity funded buyout to enable expansion of operations and acquisition of an additional site; and
- creating an exit route for the owner of a niche but unsaleable consultancy business by striking a deal with one of their customers, rewarding our client for helping retain the consultancy clients and sharing their expertise to enable the purchaser to enter new markets.