Lindsey is a Partner in the Corporate team.
She assists clients on corporate matters, including structuring and reorganisation, mergers and acquisitions, business sales, share purchase arrangements, management buyouts and joint ventures. Transactions are both domestic and cross-border and clients are predominantly owner-managed SMEs.
For many years, Lindsey has worked with clients in the self-storage and flexible space sectors, advising on sale and purchase transactions and more widely on commercial issues pertinent to those sectors. She is also an advisor to the Self-Storage Association.
She also has a niche practice advising offshore trustees on the sale of shares in private companies, managing their specific exposure to risk.
As a complement to her experience in corporate and trustee-related work, Lindsey pioneers a rapidly expanding employee ownership practice, assisting clients wishing to transition to employee ownership and seeking a solution to ownership succession through the sale of some or all of a company’s shares to an employee ownership trust.
Recent examples of how Lindsey has supported clients include:
- advising the principal shareholders of J&J Ormerod plc on the sale of a majority shareholding to an employee ownership trust as part of a succession planning and partial exit strategy, giving the workforce a vested interest in the business’s future success whilst enabling the family shareholders to extract some value tax efficiently and to preserve the company’s legacy;
- supporting the incoming directors of the trustee of an employee ownership trust on the acquisition of shares from founder shareholders to ensure compliance with the employee ownership legislation and to preserve the balance between the interests of the trustees, the sellers and the employee beneficiaries at all stages;
- managing a sale to an employee ownership trust triggering the exercise of a number of existing share options pre-completion and creation of a growth shares option scheme post-completion;
- facilitating the demerger of a self-storage business on behalf of the owners who wanted to manage their risk exposure, creating stand-alone entities capable of being sold independently;
- guiding the management team of a growing self-storage business through a private equity funded buyout to enable expansion of operations and acquisition of an additional site; and
- negotiating the corporate sale of a large business park for Frasers Property UK.