Matthew is a Senior Associate in the Corporate team.
Specialising in equity investments and complex M&A, Matthew is known for his tenacity and ability to drive deals for his clients. He identifies his clients’ key objectives early on and helps achieve them through strong communication and by delivering clear, quality advice.
He has specialist knowledge of the fast moving consumer goods sector which he gained prior to becoming a lawyer through his work in logistics and trading roles in which he collaborated with global manufacturers, including Coca Cola and Walkers, and the major UK multiples and discount retailers.
His clients include individuals, owner-managed businesses, corporates and equity funds, with interests across a broad range of sectors.
Recent examples of how Matthew has supported clients include:
- advising the shareholders of Total Community Care on its sale to the UK’s largest home care provider, City & County (backed by Graphite Capital);
- supporting the shareholders of managed print services provider CSL Group on its sale to Horizon-backed DMC Canotec;
- working with Foresight Group on various investments and follow-on investments through the Midlands Engine Investment Fund, including into Oomf, Selazar, Usheru and KryptoKloud;
- assisting the shareholders of Geary’s Bakery on a major investment by the Unsworth family;
- advising BGF on its investment and follow-on investment in Johnsons Aggregates and Recycling;
- advising management in the £35m MBO of an electrical engineering firm; and
- acting for a portfolio of insurance broking clients in transactions with enterprise values between £1m and £10m.