Paddy is a Partner in the Corporate team.
He advises on strategic mergers and acquisitions, business sales, joint ventures, partnership and cooperative arrangements, company restructures, group reorganisations, corporate finance and corporate governance.
Paddy advises clients involved in agriculture, food and farming, health and leisure, professional services, real estate, nuclear engineering, sports and charities.
Paddy’s clients include the UK’s largest independent hatchery company P D Hook, Oxford based manufacturers and suppliers of aggregates and construction materials Smith & Sons, a number of national gyms and several GP surgeries, veterinary practices and accountants.
Recent examples of how Paddy has supported clients include:
- facilitating the sale by LA Leisure of 22 health clubs to Sportsdirect Fitness.com;
- supporting Pure Gym in their disposals of multiple health club sites to D W Sports;
- securing property finance for a large medical practice to fund the development of a new healthcare centre and drafting partnership agreements for the business owners;
- supporting an Oxford College in negotiating a public-private joint venture with Oxford City Council and securing the finance needed to acquire and develop land in the city centre; and
- guiding a company through the process of using Crowdcube, an investment crowdfunding platform, to secure financial backing to establish a global network of online and offline inspiring places to work.