Peter is a Senior Associate in the Asset Management team.
He specialises in commercial real estate transactions, particularly involving banking arrangements, secured finance and insolvency related work arising from an inability to service property debt. This includes acquisitions and disposals, development finance, options, overages agreements, pre-emption agreements, promotion agreements and conditional contracts.
He also acts for commercial landlords and tenants in regard to their portfolio management, advising on the negotiation and assignment of leases.
Peter works with lenders, investors, developers, landlords and tenants.
Recent examples of how Peter has supported clients include:
- helping a specialist lender build a £30 million portfolio of secured loans which were then refinanced with a challenger bank to increase profitability;
- completing a £1 million commercial loan secured as a second charge on land incorporating residential and commercial buildings and a solar farm, achieving completion within seven days of instruction;
- advising a commercial lender and a borrower regarding the refinance, incorporation and business transfer of a property partnership to ensure that the properties were transferred in a tax efficient manner;
- designing a new way of securing a substantial bridging loan over a penthouse flat on a development site for the lender of a loan to the developer;
- assisting in the simultaneous acquisition and finance of three care homes for £15 million;
- completing the sale and forward funding of a mixed-use build-to-rent site for £32 million in Sheffield;
- advising a developer on their £25 million forward funding agreement, after the administration of the main contractor mid-way through construction, helping save the project in Nottingham and numerous associated jobs; and
- assisting in the restructuring of a £20 million farm business, hiving off land and buildings into a holding company and creating subsidiary interests in preparation for the sale of the operating company.