Peter is a Senior Associate in the Asset Management and Development teams.
He advises on lease negotiations, terms and conditions for the buying and selling of premises and secured lending contracts, as well as offering strategic support on portfolio management and secured lending options.
Acting for private equity companies, listed companies and family businesses, he helps with commercial real estate portfolios which include a mix of office, leisure, and retail space. He deals with the leases and licences required in the natural turnover of units, including variations, subletting, sale, as well as the renegotiation of rent and break clauses. In particular he deals with turnover rent leases at a retail scheme where he is the lead legal advisor.
In addition, he performs due diligence on secured lending contracts for the purchase of industrial property or where property is used as collateral for raising finance for company expansion.
His clients include high street retail chains, shopping centre owners, and banks.
Experienced in providing corporate support for transactions in the healthcare sector, he supports pharmacies when taking on new leases or reviewing and renegotiating existing leases on renewal.
Recent examples of how Peter has supported clients include:
- negotiating contracts on behalf of the owners of a shopping centre in Hull in connection with a development by Highways England for a bridge to be constructed on their land;
- drafting leases and licences for a shopping centre owner in connection with a redevelopment to create an outlet floor at the shopping centre;
- representing a shopping centre owner in connection with a land swap with Hull City Council, value circa £30 million;
- acting for the largest online retailer in connection with the acquisition of a fulfilment centre in the north of England; and
- working with a family run property business in connection with their property portfolio including the acquisition of high valued properties, lettings and general asset management work.