Sarah is Client Services Director for Birmingham.
Committed to the West Midlands region, Sarah holds roles with a number of regional agencies. A passionate advocate for the opportunities across the region, she supports businesses helping them thrive and is responsible for driving the business growth and strategy of our Midlands offices.
A seasoned commercial litigator, she specialises in corporate disputes (including shareholder disputes, breach of warranty claims and unfair prejudice claims), advising on complex financial products that have been mis sold or negligently implemented including ensuing disputes with HMRC and complex employee fraud.
Working with clients to identify their end goals, her approach is to devise pragmatic solutions to client’s potential disputes ensuring the right outcome is achieved. Often seen as a trusted advisor working with clients on early intervention strategies.
Recent examples of how Sarah has supported clients include:
- recovered £MM for a company in relation to a finance director fraud;
- settled £MM rates dispute after Early Neutral evaluation;
- acted for a company in relation to negligent implementation of a tax scheme resulting in a multi-million-pound demand from HMRC and the mis-selling of that scheme by their advisors;
- led a multifaceted group action advising investors on claims against directors of the investment bonds where the losses were £5.5m; and
- resolved a £MM claim for a door manufacturer in claims brought by the main contractor in relation to various blocks of flats alleging that they failed to achieved the required safety standards following Grenfell.