Suhail is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution team.
He is experienced in supporting both individuals and businesses on a range of disputes including professional negligence, supporting lenders with receiverships and contract disputes. With prior experience of working in-house, he takes a pragmatic approach to advice given.
His approach to professional negligence is to understand from the client what they are seeking to achieve in order to ascertain if litigation is the right route or whether comprise to resolve the dispute might be a better approach.
Suhail regularly works with lenders supporting them with receivership work, working collaboratively to get the best results with minimum conflict and unnecessary expense.
Examples of how Suhail has supported clients include:
- helping recover in excess of 1 million pounds for lender clients;
- acting on a complex dispute involving an organisation based in Austria who attempted to terminate the contract of a consultant. The notice to terminate was deemed invalid as the contract was silent on the rules surrounding service resulting in the consultant recovering all owed monies;
- successfully obtaining a Civil Restraint Order against a vexatious litigant who attempted to commence fresh litigation on matters already dealt with by the Court;
- assisting on high value professional negligence matters against professionals e.g. lawyers, surveyors and unions; and
- acting on a dispute relating to Quantum Meruit.