Theo is a Partner in the Family team.
Theo uses his experience and expertise to secure the very best outcomes for his clients. He provides first-rate client care to support his clients through what is often a very difficult time. He is adept at negotiating favourable settlements outside the court process and, when required, provides clients with robust representation in court proceedings. He has significant experience in all areas of family law including divorce and associated financial settlements, cohabitation disputes, arrangements for children and pre- and post-nuptial agreements.
He also represents clients in claims for financial provision from a deceased’s estate under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 and claims brought regarding the validity of wills and claims regarding the administration of estates and trusts.
Examples of recent work include:
- Representing the wife on a divorce involving assets of £15 million which included substantial agricultural land.
- A pre-nuptial agreement in which our client sought to protect her £45 million wealth from financial claims arising on divorce.
- A cohabitation dispute involving a property valued at £5 million.
- Representing the father in court proceedings involving contact with his children in which the mother has sought to limit contact.
- Representing the defendants in an Inheritance Act claim brought against them by their father.
- A claim in relation to the interpretation of a homemade Will. The court found in our client’s favour and ordered that the other party pay our client’s legal costs.
- Advising a trustee in relation to a dispute with the other trustee as to how trust assets should be distributed to the trust beneficiaries.