Tom is a Partner in the Asset Management team.
He advises landlords, tenants, high-net-worth individuals, entrepreneurs, and property developers on commercial and residential real estate investments and transactions.
Tom advises on the terms of secured lending agreements, asset management, options and promotion agreements, conditional contracts, site assembly, property acquisitions and disposals. He negotiates and drafts agreements for all landlord and tenant matters, including lease renewals, exits and dilapidations, securing or releasing covenants.
Tom handles the property aspects of corporate transactions, including due diligence on the asset portfolio, sorting out problems of title, negotiating warranties and indemnities, and managing subsequent sales or leases. He is experienced in negotiating onward agreements with housing associations.
Recent examples of how Tom has supported clients include:
- acquiring a 600-acre site from a quarry operator with a view to development for housing;
- assisting with the property aspects of the flotation of electrical retailer AO;
- handling the real estate aspects of the sale of Cotton Traders with around 120 leases;
- acquiring several multi-let buildings in Manchester for an investor, including a 100,000 sq ft warehouse, and subsequent lettings during COVID-19 lockdown; and
- acting for an investor on the acquisition of the last triangle site in London south of the Thames, with a view to acquiring the adjacent property and negotiating a joint venture for the site’s development.