Victoria is a Partner in the Employment and Immigration teams.
As a business immigration specialist, Victoria has an established reputation for advising and working particularly closely with corporate clients helping them with all their business immigration requirements, from Skilled Worker and Tier 5 visas through to the point of Indefinite Leave to Remain and naturalisation applications.
With a detailed knowledge of sponsor management systems and Home Office compliance requirements, Victoria works with organisations to ensure they are aware of their compliance obligations, including right to work checks and HR systems and filing. She also assists in applying for sponsor licences where needed. Once granted, she regularly acts for a wide range of corporate clients as Level 1 User and key contact on the licence, enabling her to run visa applications smoothly and efficiently for the client’s HR team.
Clients rely on Victoria to support visa applications for existing employees and new hires, as well as family members, from end to end. She supports and advises applicants by assessing the immigration options open to them, as well as guiding them through each stage of the process until the visa is secured and the individual has arrived in the UK. Many of the individuals working with Victoria via their employers continue to do so over several years, eventually applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain and British citizenship. Victoria is fully familiar with the EUSS process and has assisted EU nationals in protecting their status, post-Brexit, having run Brexit workshops and drop-in sessions for the EU staff members.
Victoria has particular expertise in working with sectors that have a need for specialist staff to relocate to the UK, whether from their headquarters overseas or because they are trained/studied at a particular institution. This includes management consultancies, capital/investment management firms, artificial intelligence, biopharma, Oxford university spin-outs, software/IT, retail stores and fast food at plc level, banking, insurance, gaming, and mining, oil and gas.
Recent examples of how Victoria has supported clients include:
- successfully obtaining work visas and relocating staff to the UK under the Skilled Worker and ICT routes as well as Tier 5 and ancestry. She has continued to do this during the midst of the COVID pandemic where there has been a need for the individual to move to the UK to start their role, rather than put the recruitment on hold and the scope of her advice and assistance has broadened to include COVID entry requirements and quarantine arrangements;
- introductions to other specialists who can assist with the growth of the business, whether this is immigration advisers in other jurisdictions or accountants/payroll providers.
- assisting with successful applications for entry to the UK as the spouse or partner of a British national and extending that leave to remain;
- applying for and securing Indefinite Leave to Remain and British citizenship applications for individuals and family member groups, through the sponsored route or through EU nationality;
- assisting clients with offering internships and secondments through the temporary Tier 5 route, including Youth Mobility and Government Authorised Exchange scheme;
- handholding clients through the process for obtaining a sponsor licence and successfully obtaining that licence, including detailed guidance on right to work checks and HR systems;
- running workshops for EU nationals employed by corporate clients on how to protect their right to live and work in the UK;
- mock compliance audits for clients with sponsor licences; and
- making representations in relation to the suspension of a client’s licence and having the suspension successfully overturned.